College of Letters and Sciences Leadership Council
The College of Letters and Sciences Leadership Council, formed in 2011, supports the college's development initiatives. The council works closely with the Dean of the College, primarily to create opportunities for CSU students and to strengthen the College's instructional and research programs overall.
The Leadership Council is responsible for:
- Advocating for the College's programs, outreach centers, and initiatives;
- Advising the College on matters of development, to include: fundraising for student scholarships, assistantships, and other needs; advancement of the people and programs in the College; and alumni relations;
- Exploring and assisting with opportunities for students through professional internships, research projects, and other work experiences;
- Enhancing connections between the College and the community;
- Supporting College initiatives and opportunities with their influence, advice, and resources, including making a personal contribution to a college initiative and assisting with fundraising (identifying prospects, cultivating donors through relationships, soliciting gifts with the Development Director or Dean, and stewardship activities).
Current Leadership Council members:
- Rus Drew
- Jay Freeman
- Evan Griner
- A.J. Jain, M.D.
- David Ragland
- Carole Rutland
- Kay Saunders
- Judge Art Smith
- Claudia Stephenson
- Bill Yoe
- Joseph Zanga, M.D.